DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are seeking a Director of Quality & Risk at Methodist Hospital. The Director of Quality & Risk is responsible for the design, planning, leadership and implementation, and evaluation of the facility Quality/Risk Management Program in concert with the hospital(s) Mission, Vision and Values, Code of Conduct and Strategic Plan.. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Develops, plans and implements policies and objectives of the facility for quality assessment, quality management, and performance improvement initiatives to enhance the quality of services. Analyzes healthcare processes and patient outcomes, develops outcome measures and monitors sensitive quality outcome indicators to identify areas for improvement. Evaluates the impact of improvement activities.
- Oversees sentinel event investigations and root cause analysis activities within the facility to reduce risks and increase patient safety.
- Reviews and analyzes facility occurrence reports to identify clinical risk issues. Facilitates investigation and follow-up on events with the appropriate managers/VPs.
- Initiates Probable Claims Report (PCR) as appropriate. Investigates, utilizing, record review, interviews and other methods in order to provide adequate information for the report.
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances. Initiates and/or reviews correspondence to patient/family following established timelines.
- Facilitates the implementation and completion of the elements of the annual HCI Premium Credit Program. Communicates the results of the quarterly Risk Metrics results to managers/ VPs and Senior Leaders. Facilitated development and communication of appropriate action plans for identified outliers.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related discipline.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years clinical and managerial experience.
- Quality Management practice, regulatory compliance, and TQM training and experience is preferred.
- Experience in utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, clinical systems and databases.
- Current Texas State licensure as a registered nurse preferred.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We've recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website