DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Bone Marrow Transplant department. Submit your application today! Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Seeking a Long-Term Follow-up Coordinator to join our team. The BMT Long-term Follow-up Coordinator is responsible for providing life-long support for patients who have undergone hematopoietic cellular transplantation (HCT). The Long-term Follow-up Coordinator ensures that the patient and their caregiver receives the appropriate education, information and referrals to maximize quality of life following HCT.This position supports optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Long Term Follow Up Coordinator is responsible for providing life-long support for patients who have had a hematopoietic cell transplant. The Long Term Follow Up Coordinator ensures that every transplant patient receives the appropriate education and information prior to being discharged from the transplant program. The Long Term Follow Up Coordinator will remain in contact with patients to monitor the status of his or her disease for which a transplant was done, screen for and document chronic graft-versus-host disease, and ensure appropriate follow-up is provided to patients based on the type of transplant. What you will do in this role:
- Facilitates continuity of care across acute and ambulatory care settings and transfer of care back to the patient's referring provider. Assists with ensuring that engraftment and other post-transplant data for submission is ordered and collected
- Provides a single point of contact for long-term follow-up patients in the post-transplant ambulatory setting
- Meets with patients regularly during clinic visits
- Collaborates with the clinical staff to facilitate management of complications
- Partners with the nursing team to schedule and coordinate supportive therapies and pivotal appointments
- Coordinates care using the multi-disciplinary team resources
- Develops, reviews and revises patient education materials
- Works collaboratively with the Data Management Department to create and maintain a process for managing and tracking transplant patient outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Three to five years recent experience in blood and marrow transplant / oncology.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Texas, current AHA BLS
- Preferred: BMTCN or OCN; experience in case management/utilization preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website