DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Intermediate Cardiac Care department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Care Technician to join our team who performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skill, hospital policies and procedures and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel (Rule 224.6). Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.What you will do in this role:
- Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing
- Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include:
- Addressing identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to prevent patient falls
- Hand hygiene and consistent use of standard precautions
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precautions procedures
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Preferred: Previous PCT, Nurse aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting OR ONE of the following:
- Completion of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program AND CNA certification with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on hire.
- Completion of an EMS (Emergency Medical System) training program AND
- EMT certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services on hire.
- MHS employee in an LVN job description as of December 1, 2011.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website