SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Special Procedures Technologist
Special Procedures Department/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Special Procedures Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Special Procedures Technologist who is responsible for diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of blood vessels to aid physician in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Operates fluoroscope to aid physician in viewing image of the guide wire or catheter through blood vessel to area of interest. Fills automatic injector with contrast media, sets flow rate, and activates injection of contrast media into blood vessels of patient, as directed by physician. Monitors video display of area of interest and adjusts density and contrast to obtain optimum exposure and starts filming sequence. Assure that sterile or non-sterile supplies such as contrast materials, catheters or other required equipment, are present and in working order or requisition materials.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates competence in all areas of special procedures: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, technical factors and surgical assistance.
2. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric, adult patients
3. Ensures efficient workflow in Special Procedures Department by getting patients started on time and keeping room turnaround time to a minimum.
4. Responsible for the proper use of the computer system (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
5. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
6. Responsible for the care and maintenance of existing IVs may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
QualificationsMinimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Successful completion of radiologic technology program 2. Experience: 1 year experience as a radiologic technologist in a hospital setting 3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). Preferred: Advanced certification in Special Procedures or Cardiovascular Technology is preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Required: Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health Preferred: American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (VI) is desired.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women's pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website