Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Rehab department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Restorative Care Tech provides patient care that is designed to strengthen muscles, assist with mobility, promote independence, and prevent functional decline. This individual supports the plan of care by assisting the patient with ambulation and transfers in a safe manner, provides the patient with good body alignment and positioning and records activity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs active range of motion (AROM) and passive range of motion (PROM) in a safe manner.
- Instructs, motivates, safeguards, or assists patients practicing exercises or functional activities under the direction of nursing or therapy staff.
- Confers with physical and occupational therapists and nursing to discuss, plan and execute daily ambulation, transfers and activities.
- Ambulates patients utilizing appropriate equipment and devices, providing good body alignment and positioning.
- Documents the patient's activity and participation in activities and exercises.
- Supports plan of care set by licensed rehabilitation therapists.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Education: College preparation in therapy or kinesiology preferred
- Restorative aide experience preferred.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Preferred: Certified Nurse Assistant or Certified Rehab Technician Rehab certification.
Methodist Hospital | Northeast
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
Apply on company website