SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Methodist Hospital SouthCertified Medical Technologist III Laboratory Department PRN - Night Shift - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will be responsible for assuring compliance with regulations and standards of regulatory agencies, and managing special projects.What you will do In This Role:
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- You will analyze test results an assume accountability for accuracy.
- You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
- You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will understand, perform, and practice quality control management to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
- You will communicate any relevant QC information to Supervisor or Manager.
- You will anticipate and evaluate need for new methods, instrumentation, and technology in terms of customer need, cost benefit and revenue generation, and informs management about findings.
- You will assure compliance with accrediting agencies. Acts as a resource to customers both within the department and outside the department.
- You will manage assigned projects to include developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Manager informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You must have an Associates degree; required
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Clinical Laboratory setting is required
- Minimum License and Certificates Required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), MLT(ASCP), MLT(HEW).
- Certification is waived for those with 10 + years of lab experience.
Methodist Hospital South became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family in July 2017. With over 60 beds, the hospital serves over 5 counties and is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion and excellence to their work.
Methodist Hospital South has been nationally recognized as a Five-Star rated facility by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and by its grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety score. The hospital is also a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award and is designated as a Level IV trauma center and Ambulatory Services Sleep Center. Beyond offering Methodist-quality emergency care, our comprehensive services have expanded into orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine and urology, and will continue to grow as the area's needs increase. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website