The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai affiliated with NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens is seeking a Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) to report to the Mount Sinai Chief Medical Officer at Queens and to the H+H System CMIO.
The CMIO will be part of the executive leadership team. The candidate will drive clinical, financial and operational improvement throughout the Hospital. The EHR and other applications will be the primary tool of the CMIO to drive change. The CMIO will have both a local facility, as a well as a system enterprise role. The facility-based responsibilities include being a representative for the facility-based C-Suite, addressing and leading clinical/IT issues along with any active clinical duties applicable to the individual. The enterprise responsibilities include being part of the HIT Prioritization Committee as well as leading Enterprise Health IT projects initiatives.
The CMIO position is a hybrid role in that the incumbents responsibilities will be divided between their CMIO responsibilities and the clinical responsibilities as a practicing attending physician on the medical service for which they are qualified, including in the Departments of Internal medicine, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Pediatrics and OB/GYN. The nature of the division will be balanced by the clinical needs of the respective medical service and the clinical qualifications of the candidate.
Responsibilities of the CMIO will include:
- Overseeing the continued use of the electronic health record and other clinical informatics systems, including analytics tools, to support quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Participating in the development and execution of the clinical improvement and development strategies, including clinical efforts for improved patient outcomes, reduce variations in care and enhance physician engagement.
- Serving as liaison to the clinical staff, medical executive committees, clinical departments and other constituents to use informatics to promote clinical care.
- Identifying and pursuing research and development initiatives to support quality and patient safety efforts.
- Improving clinician adoption, acceptance and use of information technology while enhancing physician satisfaction.
- Managing the expectations of clinical information system end-users.
- Monitoring regulatory reporting criteria of electronic medical records systems to ensure that the organization is meeting criteria ahead of deadlines.
- Providing direct clinical care as physician to gain a firsthand knowledge of the EHR and better appreciate the needs of the end users.
- Escalating issues through their presence on system-wide committees such as the CMIO Council and Optimization Committee.
- Providing outpatient care and clinical leadership at main hospital and satellite clinics.
- Responsible for quality improvement activities and teaching medical students.
The ideal candidate would be board-certified in clinical informatics with prior experience as a CMIO; though, such prior experience is not required. Candidates must also hold a valid New York State License, DEA and Medicaid number. We also offer a faculty appointment with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai commensurate with credentials, experience and qualifications.
Please send CV along with a brief description of career interests and goals to:Jasmin Moshirpur, M.D.
Elmhurst Hospital Center
79-01 Broadway, Room C8-13
Elmhurst, NY 11373
Fax: (718) 334-2392
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Apply on company website