What to expect at Marshall County Correctional Facility:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career
- Supportive environment where employee growth is awarded.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & Paid holidays
- Paid job training
- Great incentives
As an Academic Instructor, you will change the lives of those in your care. This job position provides teaching fundamentals in basic studies such as Math, History, Writing, Science, etc;Description:
- Plan and conduct classes for inmates in Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Education Development (GED), life skills, cultural awareness, health education and special curriculum and other objects selected to correspond with the ability and limitations of the class.
- Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities, and learning experiences under supervision.
- Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the inmate.
- Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude tests and use the results for prescriptive instruction.
- Participate in staff conferences to develop and improve educational programs.
- Counsel and advise inmates on academic problems.
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years' experience in the vocation being taught required. Standard certification or license from Mississippi Department of Education preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website