The purpose of the role is to provide the Associate a period to transition to the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- Responsible for an assigned territory with the purpose to generate sales and ensure that customers have uninterrupted service.
- Support the trade and customer base through 1:1 visits with Management, peers, and independently. Identify sales opportunities at accounts by demonstrating selling skills while focusing on incremental sales and volume with the account.
- Participate in promotional marketing and customer events that strengthen our brands and market share.
- Check quantities of goods on display and in stock and service the account.
- Review, understand, and use information on competitive products, promotional matter, sales techniques, and pricing in the course of sales generation. Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on future buying trends.
- Record sales and order information and send copies to the appropriate system or contact for delivery purposes. Review sales performance, against targets and adjust sales strategy.
- Additional duties include incidental deliveries and collections, writing sales reports, updating or revising the employee's sales or display catalog, planning itineraries and attending sales conferences.
Education and/or Experience: Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred; six months or less outside sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current state driver's license
- Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. GaDOR permit)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website