Primary point of contact between the office of the CEO and senior leadership and the NCHS Boards. Coordinates the activities of the Boards and oversees special projects in a fast-paced environment that is mission-driven, results-oriented, and focused on excellent customer service. Handles a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with good judgment, discretion, and provides high level administrative support. Coordinates NCHS Executives and their leadership teams in support of initiatives from the NCHS Boards. Responsibilities includes work of a confidential, complex nature, and involves managing information of strategic importance. Requires judgment and insight, as well as, considerable discretion and diplomacy. Collaborates with stakeholders and interacts with visitors, leaders, and NCHS staff and demonstrates the ICREATE Values and Guiding Behaviors and Operational Excellence.
Job Specific Duties
- Supports and collaborates with the Executive Administrative Assistants, Chief of Staff, General Counsel & Board Chairs with day-to-day tasks, projects, and assignments. Serving as the Liaison between the Chief of Staff, General Counsel, and the Boards.
- Organizes and prepares annual schedule of meetings for relative NCHS Boards and Committees in collaboration with the respective chairs, senior leadership, and Executive Administrative Assistants.
- Initiates the development of purposeful meeting agendas in collaboration with the Chief of Staff, senior leadership, and respective Boards or Committee chairs to include approvals and processes in alignment with the corporate governance structure.
- Preparing board and committee meeting materials and presentations; providing staff support to institutional governing committees; ensuring successful implementation of virtual meetings and gatherings; writing and/or managing processing of meeting minutes; and maintaining discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board and governance members.
- Coordinates and attends Board meetings and special meetings as required. Record meeting attendance and take appropriate action to follow-up with senior leadership. Responsible for the preparation and transcription of meeting minutes and routing of minutes for review, revision, and accuracy. Identify and manage action items and schedule of topics for relevant Boards and Committees.
- Provide senior leadership with reminders and communicate deadlines in an effort to ensure timely distribution of meeting materials to the Boards and Committees while remaining mindful of multiple demands on senior leadership's time.
- Drafts initial cover sheets, memos, and other pertinent documents. Ensuring final approval for inclusion in the Board mailings. Compiles meeting materials, presentations, and consultant reports from senior leadership ensuring review occurs prior to distribution. Disseminate materials for Boards and Committees in a timely manner and ensuring accuracy in advance of distribution. When appropriate, amend materials to include additional information and notify Board or Committee of the addition.
- Maintain Board member data-base tracking terms, skill sets, and other relevant data to compile, compute, summarize, and analyze data for special reports, as well as, maintain Boards and Committees permanent files both electronic and hard copy.
- Manage, research, and respond to requests for information from Board Members as approved by the Chief of Staff or General Counsel.
- Advises and guides the NCHS senior leaders on Board by-laws and requirements. Supports the board governance review process and efforts as needed.
- Supports the board chairs in the nomination and approval processes for new members including taking meeting minutes, managing documentation, communication, and notification processes.
- Ensures meeting records and minutes of the Board's actions reflect the proper exercise of those fiduciary duties. Reviews minutes with executive team prior to the distribution and publishing the materials and tracks Board materials. Responsible for supporting and/or coordinating the Hospital board meetings and other committees that include taking minutes and meeting communications.
- Collaborates with the Marketing/Public Relations/Corporate Communication team to publish Board updates in the NCHS intranet and Board portals.
- Facilitates the Board members bios, picture updates, and maintains orientation materials for Board members. Responsible for supporting the coordination, planning, and organizing of retreats and other special meetings as needed.
- Maintains legal records for NCHS including director and officer lists, governance documents (by-laws, articles of incorporation), board minutes and resolutions, good standing certificates, contracts, etc.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree in Legal Assistant
- 3-5 years Experience working in a professional office environment
- 3-5 years Experience in supporting Executive level positions
- Project management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior Legal or Health Care experience preferred.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and other Windows applications.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Corporate paralegal experience including drafting and filing corporate organization documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders including staff, visitors, board members, and external partners.
- Highly resourceful team player and able to work collaboratively with colleagues, leaders, employees, vendors, and visitors.
- Ability to manage confidential matters and information with discretion.
- Proactive, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions, and problem-solving strategies.
- Ability to work in a complex environment; able to effectively perform job duties under stressful conditions and in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with high-level executives both inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management; operates with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable to asking questions, utilizes resources, self-directed, works well independently, and follows direction.
- Experience drafting legal documentation.
- Professional and confident style in dealing with all levels of staff and 3rd parties.
- Database managements skills and technologically savvy.
Apply on company website