The Director of Logistics Operations, US will be based in Fremont, CA. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Director for Logistics Operations. This strategic position is responsible for transportation & logistics activities related to solar projects across the US. We are looking for someone who will lead, develop, and implement logistics plans and initiatives to support the company's US growth. You will further ensure our quality products are delivered efficiently and in the most cost-effective way.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Manage, mentor and develop a multicultural team that enable powerful project execution and results focusing on time delivery (OTD) and financial performance.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles and processes (SOPs) across the logistics team.
- Manage efficiently a team responsible for Warehousing and Inventory activities within NetSuite ensuring efficiency and eliminating chance of errors with the aim of optimize order fulfillment.
- Interpret trends and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements.
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems (KPIs).
- Review the impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, or Logistics partners, and report results to others.
- Maintain and develop a close relationship with our logistics providers and other external stakeholders in the logistics industry such as Port authorities and Carriers.
- Implementation of transportation management systems (TMS), acting as a strong leader and understanding the integration and connectivity with other internal & external stakeholders.
- Involvement in developing new Business Systems that will support the growth of the Company.
- Building cross-functional relationship within other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, monitor and continually improve standard operating procedures (SOP) in alignment with internal stakeholders ( Sales, Finance, tax).
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- 10+ years of experience in operational and Logistics processes with a profound know how of project logistics, preferably in a project logistics Execution in Solar or Oil & Gas industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business / Commerce or equivalent experience in Logistics Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a multicultural team.
- Extensive knowledge of the logistics industry (mainly trucking and rail within US) as well as warehouse operations.
- Willingness to travel (10%) within US.
- A flexible, highly motivated self-starter, eager to develop pragmatic approaches / solutions to drive simplification and to succeed in a challenging environment
- Financials understanding (ability to understand intercompany contracts)
- Ability to lead internationally and/or culturally diverse teams
- Very good analytical capabilities, problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Experience in working in different time zones and different cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- Experience in Project Logistics (preferably Solar or Oil & Gas)
#LI-DKPay Range (Applicable to California)$152,700.00 USD - $210,000.00 USD Job Category Global Procurement & Supply ChainRelocation: Eligible for domestic relocation only
Is Sponsorship Available?No
Apply on company website