Job Summary The Mechanical Design Engineer will be based in Fremont, CA. Nextracker seeks a creative and experienced Mechanical Engineer for a position on the design engineering team. This engineer will be responsible for designing components in order for Nextracker Gemini to support a wider range of modules, more difficult site conditions, and cost reduction.
At Nextracker, we are leading in the energy transition, providing the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent solar tracker and control software solutions for solar power plants, as well as strategic services to capture the full value of solar power plants for our customers. Our talented worldwide teams are transforming PV plant performance every day with smart technology, data monitoring and analysis services.
Watch this video to learn why Nextracker is more than just a place to work.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Contribute to the design and development of the next generations of Nextracker horizontal tracking products
- Perform and manage engineering work using CAD/CAE software to solve problems in mechanical/structural design, finite element analysis, design optimization, prototype generation (such as stereo lithography on NC machining), fatigue analysis, structural dynamics and kinematics, vibrations, thermal analysis, production of manufacturing drawings, and plastic part design
- Develop testing fixtures that accurately simulate real world scenarios
- Perform and document engineering tests under general supervision
- Write proposals, technical reports and papers
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the mechanical engineering team to identify concepts and designs for future products
- Develop and maintain best practices to foster the creative process
- Design mechanical components, execute prototyping, and manage design iterations
- Implement continuous improvement in order to maximize efficiency in the design process
- Partner with the Manufacturing Engineer on design for manufacturability to address questions and issues.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or a related field (advanced degree preferred) and at least 4 years of experience
- Toolsets required: SolidWorks, ePDM, FEA, Ansys
- Extensive knowledge/experience with drawings, model and GD&T standards and application.
- Hands on experience with shop tools such as chop saw, band saw, grinders, wrenches, etc.
- Strong understanding of DFM for castings and sheet metal stampings
- Strong aptitude and intuition in mechanical failure analysis
- Practical knowledge of prototyping manufacturing process
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team while maintaining self-sufficiency
- Proficient in most common PC based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PPT, MSProject, and the like)
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites both domestically and internationally
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Management experience
- Labview, MATLAB
- Netsuite, Arena, Miro (Real Time board), Jira, Confluence
- Python or other coding
- Automation experience
Nextracker is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.Pay Range (Applicable to California) $104,600.00 USD - $143,800.00 USD Annual Job Category Design, Process & Technology EngineeringRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?No
Apply on company website