Through the collective strength of 170,000 team members across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We welcome people of all backgrounds. A career with Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your growth, and build great products for our customers that improve people's lives. Together, let's create the extraordinary!Job Summary
The Senior Software Developer will be based in Hyderabad. In this position, you will report to the Vice President Global Design Applications. Nextracker, the worldwide leader in solar trackers, is looking for an experienced fullstack software developer to support and contribute to the software development lifecycle through planning, programming, testing, and delivering quality software. In the Nextracker, the Software Development team is a part of the Engineering Department and is charged with developing and delivering quality software solutions by collaborating with cross-functional teams. We have hundreds of thousands of devices in the field, controlling our solar trackers and advanced energy storage systems. Our data and analytics infrastructure support our maintenance operations and informs new product design. When you work with us, you will be making a positive, material impact on the solar capacity of the planet and learning how to scale outdoor IoT deployments in some very harsh environments. Watch this video to learn why Nextracker is more than just a place to work.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive, and interactive interfaces
- Evaluate the feasibility of the proposed design/solution with the product owners, and designers
- Work with the product leadership team to define goals with measurable key performance indicators.
- Provide technical expertise in the planning phase of the potential solution
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules, and maintainability of the code
- Support the (internal) team in delivering quality features, debugging issues, and providing incident responses.
- Define, Document, and Evolve best practices.
- Seek and be receptive to feedback and coaching from the team.
- Provide demos, code reviews, and recommendations to help the team and others to be more productive and deliver a better product
- Set and strive toward reaching professional development goals
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Passionate to create good design and usability
- Expert in areas of web, data, and systems programming
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge of testing software from unit to integration testing, as well as a decent understanding of TDD concepts
- Good knowledge of Go Lang, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices
- Proficiency in delivering solutions in an Agile and Scrum-based iterative delivery model
- Collaborate effectively on projects with technical and non-technical team members
- Help the teams by reducing technical Debt via constant code refactoring.
- Experience in working with teams spread across multiple locations and time zones.
- Must be willing to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Strong leadership, time management, problem-solving skills, and resource administration.
- A strong desire and ability to learn quickly.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Capability to work in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative and ownership.
- Passionate and Self-motivated individual, with keen attention to detail, action-and-results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong logical, analytical, problem-solving skills and reporting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Aptitude to present ideas in user-friendly language.
AG04Job Category Production Engineering
Optional Skills:Flex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
At Flex, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and know there is much more to a great employee than just a list of requirements – if you are excited about a role (but don't meet every bullet-point), we encourage you to apply. You might be just who we are looking for! Our inclusive environment welcomes individuals of any age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process.
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Apply on company website