At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
As NFM's Azure Cloud Application Architect, you will plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise-scale Microsoft Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions. You will act as the technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premises applications and systems, applying technical expertise and business acumen in Microsoft cloud offerings to promote innovative solutions for NFM. Applicants for this position may work remotely from their home; however, they must live in one of the states where NFM operates, including Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, or Texas
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Play Your Part: Develop custom cloud applications solutions
- Be the Expert: Design application modernizations and cloud native development services leveraging Azure PaaS
- Unravel: Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Be Precise: Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Collaborate: Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices - Considers the art of the possible, compares various architectural options based on feasibility and impact, and proposes actionable plans
- Support: Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations - Guidance of developers and reviews of as-built configurations during construction phase
- Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Bachelor's degree with area of specialization in Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years leading teams AND 5+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms
- 12+ years overall IT industry experience
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS capabilities
- Extensive Development Experience in Azure Resources/Services: Azure App Services, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, AKS,Azure storage, Service Bus, Azure SQL Database, Redis Cache, Azure Search ,Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Key Vault, Cosmos DB, Azure DevOps, API Management, ARM templates, and general cloud governance and security mechanisms
- Experience in analyzing legacy applications and re-architecting them as applications fit to be deployed on Azure
- Good understanding of modern DevOps practices, including automation, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, and continuous integration methodologies
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Experience with Azure DevOps Service (. e.g. Boards, Repos, Pipelines, Artifacts, …)
- Knowledge and experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies/ life cycles preferred
- Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management, etc. preferred.
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website