At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $55,000 - 60,000 / yearly
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Are you a natural born coach? NFM's Floor Manager role is all about observing, coaching, and supporting our sales staff. Your main objective will be to ensure adequate staffing and backing the sales staff in proactive problem-solving, while providing constructive feedback for growth.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Manage: Ensure adequate staffing and monitor traffic of customers and attendance, breaks/meals of sales staff
- Assist: Help sales staff in closing difficult sales and providing pricing
- Train: Support the growth and development of your sales staff by scheduling training and leading by example
- Observe: Check in with staff regularly and communicate what is expected of them. Provide continual feedback
- Support: Hold staff accountable and share responsibility for reaching division measures
- Report: Meet goals and control expenses and turnover
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 1 year of supervisory or leadership experience (e.g. shadow trainer, volunteer organization leader).
- 3 years of sales experience (retail sales experience is preferred).
- Experience as an NFM shadow trainer preferred. Product knowledge is preferred.
- PC experience with Microsoft Office proficiency is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Decision making, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, sense of urgency, desire to grow, team player and caring.
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website