At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Glassdoor ranked Nebraska Furniture Mart in the top 50 Best Places to Work in the U.S. and here are a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no lay-offs in our history A safe place to work and shop A path to the career of your dreams (career development opportunities) A culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $20.35 - 28.15 hourly
$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
NFM's Appliance Installation Team gets to know our customers on a personal level. They provide consultation and complex installation services for our customers. As an Appliance Installer II you will be invited into our customer's homes to ensure the work is 100% up to par with their expectations. You will play a large role in creating satisfied, loyal, life-long customers.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Safety First
- Play Your Part
- Make it Flawless:
- Wrap it up
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years customer contact experience required
- 2 years intermediate electrical wiring required
- 1 year experience in appliance service and repair required
- 1 year experience in intermediate plumbing required
- Ability to lift, push, pull required weights per established requirements for the department
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. Missouri residents must have Class E driver's license.
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, drug screen and criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
- As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Sign on bonus is scheduled to be paid on first paycheck
- Staff member must be employed at the time of the payout
- Sign on bonus is taxable
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now
Apply on company website