At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
The Part Time schedule needed for this position is:
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
NFM is looking for a Loss Prevention Specialist to monitor a closed circuit TV security system for signs of illegal activities, in order to protect company assets and identify customers and/or staff who need assistance. This person will be responsible for apprehending and detaining individuals involved in illegal activities.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Keep a computerized journal of daily activities and conduct safety checks to audit compliance with security policies.Report:
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Minimum 6 months of Retail Loss Prevention Experience
- Ability to operate camera control systems
- Certification in OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) foam deployment within one (1) year of employment and maintain certification standards
- Satisfactorily complete NFM Response to Resistance training course within ninety (90) days of employment or obtain certification in PPCT Defensive Tactics training within one (1) year of employment
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, drug screen and criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website