The primary role of the Helpdesk Analyst (HDA) is to answer the helpdesk telephone and provide 1st level technical support (First Call Resolution-FCR) to the MCH End-User Community's request for assistance in compliance with HIPAA regulations as it related to the helpdesk environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/related major or at least 4 years of equivalent work experience in a customer support role in a healthcare or corporate environment (Required)
- 5-7 years of troubleshooting skills with experience in a Windows-based environment and/or 2- 4 years experience with Macs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows up with IT staff to notify them that open tickets that are in danger of failing SLAs.
- Follows up with users on documented incident resolutions and obtains feedback on resolution process.
- Maintains ownership of each issue and utilizes the necessary resources to make sure incidents are resolved or escalated as outlined in pertinent SLAs..
- Monitors Helpdesk email and voice mailbox and handles incident notifications as defined by departmental SLAs along with the helpdesk policy and procedures.
- Provides telephone end-user support on IT-related issues by diagnosing, analyzing, and quickly resolving or escalating (if resolution requires hands-on interaction, different skill set experience or an excessive amount of time) and/or dispatching assistance as needed, meeting SLAs for first-call resolution on incidents and service requests.
- Troubleshoots and documents in detail, issues and resolutions in the appropriate software/format while providing timely, courteous and accurate service.
- Troubleshoots, documents and resolves hardware, application, network and operating system issues.
- Action- oriented and self- motivated with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance and efficiency of the Help Desk team.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista, Windows 2000/ 2003/ 2008 Server, Microsoft Office XP/ 2003/ 2007, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Lotus Notes, Symantec Antivirus and other business applications.
- client/server enterprise infrastructures
- Excellent oral communications skills in a telephone-centric customer service setting. Excellent written skills and experience with documentation of issues and resolutions required.
- general distributed hardware: printers, scanners, lightpens.
- networking architecture: TCP/IP, token-ring, ethernet, Internet.
- networking hardware: modems, controllers, LANs,
- Sound knowledge of Helpdesk and Asset management software, and general Helpdesk/ Trouble Ticket and Project Management process.
- Technical training, experience and familiarity with several of the following:
- Troubleshooting skills with 4+ years experience in a Windows- based environment(s) and/or 3+ years experience with Macs.
- WANs, routers, gateways.
Apply on company website