Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Nintendo is seeking a passionate paid media professional that is ready to leverage their skills within linear TV, streaming video/audio, and upper funnel media programs.
The Manager, Media will develop and manage the paid media plans that drive consumer awareness, purchase consideration, and adoption of Nintendo hardware systems and software titles. Will also manage the planning, strategies, and tactics associated with Nintendo's national multi-media advertising programs, including upfront planning & negotiations.
- Develops campaign strategies and recommendations for annual, quarterly, and launch-related advertising campaigns across traditional (TV, OTT, CTV, outdoor)
- Serves as cross functional campaign lead, collaborating with teams including strategic communications, digital advertising, advertising, retail marketing, and sales to ensure consumer campaigns have an integrated approach
- Oversees agency partners in the development and execution of the paid media
- Drives the development of custom media partnership programs in collaboration with the advertising team
- Manages media planning and buying for campaigns including partnerships, and custom programs
- Analyzes, negotiates, and monitors upfront deals with large media partners in collaboration with department head and Nintendo of America's media agency.
- Stays current on TV/OTT trends in order to provide media recommendations and new opportunities based on industry knowledge
- Collaborates with Business Analysis and Planning to incorporate Nintendo data into digital media
- Partners with the Publisher and Developer Relations team in developing advertising and media campaign plans to support 3rd party titles as needed • Reviews and analyzes data from various sources and provides key insights to determine real time improvements and overall campaign effectiveness
- Develops and manages direct reports and provides mentorship, guidance, and performance management
- Prepares presentations summarizing campaign strategy, key performance metrics and actionable findings and present to executive management as needed
- Partners with consumer insights to guide the marketing campaigns and inspire agency partners
- Contributes to cross-functional marketing strategy with consumer insights, key messaging, and marketing mix
- Manages special projects as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 6 years of experience media planning and buying in the video space.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience guiding, developing, coaching, and managing individual and team performance
- Expert organizational ability and leadership skills to coordinate large-scale marketing campaigns
- Ability to develop and manage media agencies, national media promotions and events
- Experience managing and leading teams while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to organize thoughts and share a clear and concise POV
- Ability to establish and manage budgets
- PC skills (Windows, Word and Excel preferred)
- Media agency experience or agency management experience required
- Experience in, or professional knowledge of, the video game and entertainment industries helpful
- Video game industry experience a plus
- Experience with kid focused media a plus
Apply on company website