Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop strategic direction and guidelines that help guide and inform creative teams, partnering with Strategy & Planning and CPM teams.
- Leads and directs the development of the go-to-market positioning for NOA's priority Hardware and Software campaigns, partnering with outside agency strategists and planners as needed
- Draws on Consumer Insights pre- and post-campaign research designed to inform strategic guidelines
- Facilitates internal brainstorms and cross-agency ideation sessions to further inform the positioning strategy
- Drives alignment at the CPM level
- Responsible for sharing out the positioning strategy with cross-functional teams and plays an active role in the briefing of external and internal creative partners
- Partners with cross-function leads and the activation lead in reviewing campaign creative, providing creative guidance, and ensuring alignment to the campaign positioning and strategy
- Recommends and implements a creative review process that enables communication and efficiencies across functions
- Partners with the Advertising team in the development of agency creative briefs and serves as an active participant the review of creative concepts
- Collaborates with internal creative services, design, and production teams to ensure creative alignment across advertising, video, and other marketing-related projects o Guides the NOA design team in development of campaign style guides
- Develops and manages team and direct reports as needed. Provides mentorship, guidance, and performance management.
- Attends the weekly CPM meetings and discussions as an active member
- Represents the NOA Marketing team internally and externally as required
- Acts as back-up for the department leadership as needed
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 10 years of account strategy/planning, brand management, and/or creative management experience
- Excellent creative intuition and a passion for the creative process
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to translate data, information, and research into a positioning strategy
- Experience leading and conducting brainstorms and ideation sessions
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to organize thoughts and share a clear and concise
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field, or equivalent
Apply on company website