Requisition 25793: Supervisor Accounts Payable
Posting Start Date: 17 June, 2021
Posting End Date: 24 June, 2021
Oversee the processes supporting the payment of NS' invoices, including reimbursement of travel expenses and purchase card payments.
- Responsible for performing analysis of Accounting processes supporting payments to NS' vendors
- Provides oversight and support for the corporate Purchase card program with over 8,000 cards and over $100 million in annual spending
- monitors workflow associated with receiving, Organizing, and distributing daily receipt of invoices
- Handles inquiries from Field personnel Related to purchasing and accounting for material, which may require coordination with Sourcing
- Minimizes invoice backlogs
- maintains adequate and accurate reporting associated with the status of invoices to be processed
- monitors the process of bundling invoices for data entry and batching invoices for image processing
- maintains Vendor Master list, accounts payable feeder Systems, daily balancing of payables and check stock
- prepares journal entries and Assures proper Accounting application for transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, corporate policy, documented internal controls and other regulatory requirements
- Prepares Form 1099's, account reconciliations and Electronic Data Interchange/Automated Clearing House requests, and initiates escheat processes
- Identifies areas for improvement and makes recommendations for changes
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Licenses / Certifications:
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (Any)
- Banking and Finance - Finance
Licenses / Certifications: Required: None listed Preferred: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets
- MS Outlook
- MS Powerpoint/Presentations
- MS Word/Word Processing
- Payment/order Processing
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Supervisor Accounting
- Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Assistant Manager Accounting
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress. More information can be found at NS-EEO
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website