Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Surgical Technician PRN - Surgery Center you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
North Cypress Surgery, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Surgical Technician PRN - Surgery Center where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company's mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
Surgical Tech Certification
One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
North Cypress Surgery Center is located in Houston, Texas. We are a new Multispecialty Surgery Center encompassing 23,000 SF with 6 ORs, 2 procedure rooms located on the 1st floor of new MOB on HCA North Cypress campus opening at the end of October. Services include ENT, Endoscopy, Colorectal, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, and Urology. We are a member of HCA Healthcare's Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technician PRN - Surgery Center opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website