Works under the management and supervision of the Nutrition Services Supervisors and Manager. Maintains state and federal mandated standards of safety and cleanliness while performing tasks that include but are not limited to: hot food preparation and hot food production, meal distribution within and between the healthcare facilities, sanitation of kitchen facilities and equipment, tray-line meal assembly and production, product inventory and ordering. Participates in departmental activities and in projects and programs. Responsible for inventory and ordering of products as assigned.
- High school graduate.
License and Certifications:
- Current Safe Food Handler's certificate required.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Two years of experience with hot food preparation and production in a healthcare or institutional food service required.
- Skills: Hot food production, ability to work with a variety of individual personalities and ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- Knowledge of sanitation, safety and infection control procedures.
- Must meet high customer service expectations, and demonstrate the NorthBay Way with all staff, patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers and contractors.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
Apply on company website