The Stationary Engineer shall, under direction of the Chief Engineer, safely and efficiently operate and reliably maintain the Medical Center's physical/central plant, utilities, systems and equipment, including but not limited to: steam boilers, emergency power generators, electrical distribution, refrigeration, plumbing, HVAC, vertical/horizontal transport, medical gas, patient care and fire/life safety related equipment.
The Stationary Engineer routinely interfaces with customers to gather information on work requests, provide status updates and to ensure that customers are satisfied with completed tasks. Ensures complete documentation of work performed. The Stationary Engineer meets or exceeds all federal, state or local laws, organizational performance standards, and requirements of all regulatory agencies and authorities having jurisdiction (e.g. CMS, TJC, Cal-OSHA, etc.).
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Four or more years of stationary engineer experience preferably in healthcare facilities plant operations and maintenance.
2. Experience should include industrial electrical, mechanical, HVAC, water treatment, high and low pressure steam systems, plumbing, medical gas distribution, alarm monitoring systems, equipment (compressors, motors, pumps, VFD's) repairs and maintenance.
Licensure and Certifications:
1. Air conditioning certification as preferred by 40 CFR part 82, subpart F is preferred.
2. Must maintain a valid California driver's license.
3. Familiar with equipment and procedures used to troubleshoot and repair physical/central utility plant systems and equipment.
4. Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to move supplies and equipment to repair machinery. Must be able to climb ladders safely and work in various physical positions for several minutes at a time.
The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all management at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence. Employees have the responsibility and accountability to demonstrate and role model these behaviors.
Shifts and location will vary in order to meet training requirements and 24/7 coverage needs.
Apply on company website