DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Certified Operating Room (OR)Scrub Tech Specialist
Full-Time Days Rotating Weekends FTE 1.0
Northwest Medical Center
Margate Florida 33063
***$10,000.00 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE***
External candidates only.
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Our state-of-the-art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Northwest Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Certified Scrub Technician for our Operation Room. The OR Scrub Technician must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in the assigned position. As a Certified OR Scrub Technician, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Inspect sterile items for contamination before opening.
- Maintain sterility while opening sterile items for the procedure.
- Adhere to sanitation policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate hand-washing technique.
- Assure personal protective equipment is available and appropriately used.
- Maintain neat and orderly sterile field.
- Communicate actual/potential infection control concerns to the Infection Control Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong surgical conscience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Use principles of aseptic practice in varying situations.
- Initiate corrective action when breaks in technique occur.
- Secure tissues, fluids, calculi, cultures, hardware, and implantables retrieved from the patient for Registered Nurse.
- Assist with the cleanup of the Operating Room between cases.
- Remove and red tags defective equipment.
- Anticipate the need for equipment and supplies.
- Select equipment and supplies in an organized and timely manner.
- Assure all equipment is functioning before use.
- Follow established policies and procedures for sponge, sharps, and instrument count.
- Inform nurse when there is a discrepancy in a count and assists in resolution.
- Anticipate surgeons' needs.
- High school or GED/ Vocational or Technical Education
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Certification required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Meditech experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website