SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Certified Operating Room (OR)Scrub TechnicianSurgery-Operating Room PRN .001 FTE Northwest Medical Center Margate FL
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!DESCRIPTION:
We are looking to hire a passionate dedicated Certified Scrub Technician for our Operation Room. The OR Scrub Technician must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in the assigned position. As a Certified OR Scrub Technician, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Inspect sterile items for contamination before opening.
- Maintain sterility while opening sterile items for procedure.
- Adhere to sanitation policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate hand-washing technique.
- Assure personal protective equipment is available and appropriately used.
- Maintain neat and orderly sterile field.
- Communicate actual/potential infection control concerns to the Infection Control Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong surgical conscience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Use principles of aseptic practice in varying situations.
- Initiate corrective action when breaks in technique occur.
- Secure tissues, fluids, calculi, cultures, hardware and implantables retrieved from patient for Registered Nurse.
- Assist with cleanup of Operating Room between cases.
- Remove and red tags defective equipment.
- Anticipate the need for equipment and supplies.
- Select equipment and supplies in an organized and timely manner.
- Assure all equipment is functioning before use.
- Follow established policies and procedures for sponge, sharps and instrument counts.
- Inform nurse when there is a discrepancy in a count and assists in resolution.
- Anticipate surgeons' needs.
- High school or GED/ Vocational or Technical Education
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Meditech experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website