DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry Full-Time Nights FTE 0.9
Northwest Medical Center
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Job Description:
We are looking for a dedicated passionate Registered Nurse (RN) for our Telemetry Unit. The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in the assigned position. As a Registered Nurse in the Telemetry Unit, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific disease process and treatments, intervention and response based on age specificity.
- Understand the process for resolution of ethical issues and how to initiate an ethics consult and implements as needed.
- Review physician orders and accurately transcribes to MAR. Initiate STAT orders.
- Administer medications according to the Seven Rights..
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability in the care of the acute care patients based on Standards of Care and Practice of the Telemetry Unit.
- Immediately place patient on monitor when admitted or transferred to unit or when returning from diagnostic testing..
- Validate with Monitor Technician name of patient, number of monitor and rhythm.
- Recognizes the right of patients to appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Assess, collaborate and coordinate the patient's transfer or discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with the other members of the health care team and patient/ family/SO.
- Provide clear time/action specific discharge instructions in clear understandable terminology.
- Notify physician of record of discharge/ transfer.
- Identifies need for community resources on a continual basis.
- Address patients needs for symptom management in discharge planning process and documents appropriately.
- Educate the patient and their families about the importance of effective pain management and documents appropriately.
- Delegate tasks to personnel based on current competency and patient care needs.
- Act as resource for Patient Care Assistant, Monitor Technician, Unit Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurses, and students.
- Maintain working area and equipment in accordance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Document clearly, legibly and accurately in accordance with Hospital policy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Two (2) year Associate Nursing degree (ASN) required.
- Four (4) year Bachelors Nursing degree (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of nursing experience in a hospital setting.
Meditech experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website