Staff Physician Cardio-Oncologist
THIS PRACTICE IS A SUBSPECIALTY-BASED MODEL MADE UP OF HIGH-FUNCTIONING PROVIDERS WHO ARE COLLEGIAL AND DIVERSE. BACKED BY A WELL-ESTABLISHED CARDIOVASCULAR SERVICE LINE STRUCTURE THAT HAS MADE SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY AND FACILITIES, WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN PROVIDING A HIGH LEVEL OF SERVICE AND QUALITY OF PATIENT CARE THAT MAKE OUR INSTITUTE A GREAT PLACE FOR A PROVIDER TO PRACTICE AND GROW.
JOSEPH A. LASH, M.D.
Executive Medical Director
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
NORTON HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE, a part of Norton Healthcare located in Louisville, Kentucky, is seeking a fellowship-trained, board-certified or board-eligible cardio-oncologist to join its program, which consists of 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians, more than 35 advanced practice providers and 200 support staff. Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is a progressive group of practices that maintains more than 57% of the total cardiovascular market share, more than any other health care provider in our service area. It offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, including specialized programs for electrophysiology, structural heart defects, advanced cardiac imaging, and advanced heart failure, including mechanical circulatory support and cardiac rehabilitation.
Thanks to an endowment investment of up to $88 million from the Rounsavall Family Foundation, Norton Heart & Vascular Institutes new multidisciplinary clinic space will open in spring 2023 on the Norton Audubon Hospital campus. The investment also includes upgrading and expanding all catheterization labs across the Norton Healthcare system, as well as computed tomography (CT) machines for advanced imaging.
About the Cardio-Onc Position:
- Must be fellowship-trained in cardio-oncology
- Access to advanced technology and specialty care through the Advanced Heart Failure & Recovery Program, Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation centers and more
- Opportunity to work with diverse patient populations and do outreach in surrounding counties and with other affiliated organizations around the state
- Opportunity to partner with Norton Cancer Institute, which employs over 100 providers offering full-service oncology care on all four adult-service campuses in the Louisville area as well as outreach locations across the state of Kentucky and Southern Indiana
- Advanced practice provider first call structure
About Norton Cancer Institute:
- One of the largest comprehensive oncology practices in the region
- Collaborative team of more than 100 specialists
- Access to over 200 clinical trials, including Phase 1 trials
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer and by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancers
- Multidisciplinary clinics and more than 35 monthly tumor boards for brain, breast, genitourinary, lunch gynecologic, and head and neck cancers
- 10 outpatient oncology office locations, 10 infusion locations, and for radiation centers
Requirements For The Position:
- Medical degree/diploma
- Residency/fellowship certification
- Kentucky medical license or license eligible
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/ Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply on company website