DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you demonstrate communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly? Now is the time to join our team of motivated and nurturing individuals working to assist patients with their Medicaid Eligibility screening and enrollment. Ideal candidates will have a steady work knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines. You should also share a passion for our purpose, "To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community."
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY TODAY. See what makes us a fabulous place to work!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
- Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and you will be actively involved in all areas of case management.
- Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
- Re-verify benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
- Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Obtain legal relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination, and complete and file applications.
- Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
- Document progress notes to the patient's file and the hospital computer system.
- Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
- Required to make field visits as necessary.
- College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent).
- Preferred three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction
- Understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website