The Division of Rheumatology is dedicated to delivering high quality, value-driven patient care and is home to theCenter for Excellence in Arthritis and Rheumatology (CEAR). The Division serves a large geographic area in the north Louisiana with general rheumatology clinics and subspecialty clinics tailored specifically to patients with vasculitis, systemic sclerosis, psoriatic arthritis, spondyloarthritis, immunotherapy-induced rheumatic disease, juvenile to adult transitions, gout, and glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. There is a strong tradition of interdisciplinary care for patients with complex chronic diseases in clinics with pulmonologists, dermatologists, endocrinologists, orthopedists, and primary care providers. The Center for Excellence in Arthritis and Rheumatology (CEAR) strives to provide patients with cutting-edge care, to advance the science of inflammatory and immunology diseases and to educate new physicians on these diseases and their treatments.
The incumbent will be expected to direct patient care, conduct substantial and meaningful research; teach residents and medical students; and perform public and University service. Excellent teaching is an essential criterion for appointment in this series. Priority will be given to candidates with a proven track record of academic productivity, as demonstrated through high-impact publications, thematic-based research, and/or grant funding.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver patient care in an academic setting, teach medical students, residents, and fellows, engage in an independent and extramurallyfunded clinical research program, and provide service to the University. Rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience.
- Have an MD, MD/PhD, DO, or international equivalent terminal degree
- Be eligible for medical licensure and clinical practice in the state of Louisiana
- Have a proven record of administrative and academic leadership abilities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to education and mentoring
- Be eligible for faculty appointment at LSUHSC-Shreveport as an Associate Professor or above, perSOM standards.
- A strong record of scholarly achievement and extramural funding
- Demonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments
- Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, healthcare teams, administrators, community organizations and donors
- We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community and will work toward building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Program building
- Career development
- Financial management
- Accomplishment in basic, clinical, health services, translational or educational research
- Building relationships with donors and community leaders
- Development of performance metrics for faculty
- A demonstrated commitment to education and mentorship of medical and graduate students, residents and fellows
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience great compensation opportunity and negotiable. LSUHSC-Shreveport offers a full benefits package.
Interested physicians: please send your CV or any inquiries to Mark Morrison, Director of Physician Recruitment Professional Staff Services email@example.com
Ochsner Health is Louisianas largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website