Family Medicine Physician- Morgan City, LA
Ochsner Health, a global medical and academic leader, is recruiting a Family Medicine doctor to provide combined inpatient and outpatient primary care in Morgan City, LA. Pediatric experience is preferable. Physicians at any point in their career directly from residency training or with experience are invited to apply for this full-time position treating patients from birth to end of life. We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative primary care physician with a patients-first focus to provide excellent comprehensive medical care for our community.
Why choose Ochsner Health
At Ochsner, innovation is at the core of everything we do. We are a pioneer in telemedicine and population health, including innovative chronic disease management programs for hypertension and diabetes. Our team-based practices are designed to provide you with the support you need to best serve your patients, while also offering excellent work-life balance. Ochsners commitment to coordination of care will allow you to seamlessly refer patients to trusted specialists. Our strong commitment to academic medicine offers you participation in clinical teaching with options for academic teaching, research and academic titles.
Ochsner St. Mary, a healthcare leader in the community, is a 164 bed acute care facility located in the center of Morgan City, LA. Our staff is committed to delivering quality healthcare, excellent quality measures and patient satisfaction to the people of St. Mary Parish and the surrounding areas. Morgan City, a quaint port town located along the banks of the Atchafalaya River and near the Louisiana coast, offers a vibrant culture with Cajun roots, amazing food, and world class fishing, both inland and off-shore. St. Mary parish is home to wildlife that makes for a hunters paradise. Our beloved city is less than 1.5 hours from New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lafayette, offering easy access to multiple professional and college sports teams, international travel and countless excursions.
- Family Medicine inpatient and outpatient care with strong staffing support
- Competitive salary with generous sign-on bonus
- 9 Start EPIC EMR with strong technical support
- 10 days of paid CME with annual stipend plus generous vacation
- Call 1:6
- As a 503 (c) organization, employment with Ochsner Health qualifies you for some Federal loan forgiveness programs
Ochsner Health has committed $100 million to improve health outcomes in Louisiana by 2030.For more information about this initiative, follow this link. https://news.ochsner.org/news-releases/ochsner-and-state-leaders-announce-10-year-vision-for-a-healthy-state. Ochsner Primary Care is committing up to $100k to physicians joining our team with a 5-year commitment to this mission.
Come be part of the future of Louisiana.
- Board Certified/Board eligible in Family Medicine
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- NRP Certification preferred
Awards, Accomplishments and Accolades for Ochsner Health
- New England Journal of Medicine published Ochsner Covid-19 research (Hospitalization and Mortality among Black Patients and White Patients with Covid-19, NEJM May 27,2020)
- National Institute of Health (NIH) grant for our work on Opioid Stewardship ($1.6 million)
- Recognized by Indeed as a Top-Rated Workplace for Work-Life Balance in 2019
- Named as a 2019 Top Workplace by Times-Picayune
Join our team and help make a difference! Apply HERE
J1 opportunities are available
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website