Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge is seeking a Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team of employed Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine physicians. Applicants must be BE/BC in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required.
Details of the Position:
- Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge currently employs 4 full-time Board Certified Pulmonologist
- Team of providers include 2 Acute Care Nurse Practitioners who provide coverage in the ICU 7 days a week and 2 Nurse Practitioners assigned to outpatient clinics for follow-up appointments and patient overflow.
- 20 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- EICU, used for night and ICU call coverage assistance, is managed by Pulmonary/Critical Care Team located at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans.
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group.
- Robust pulmonary disease office practice and associated procedures, with wide referral base both local and regional to manage a comprehensive range of chronic pulmonary conditions.
- Practice is complemented by a 4-bed Sleep Lab and Pulmonary Rehab department.
- Site of only comprehensive Pulmonary Disease Management Program in the state.
- Growing diagnostic programs such as EBUS, Pulmonary Hypertension and Spirometry Testing in primary care clinics.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System.
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Ochsner Health System:
- Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge is part of Ochsner Health System, Louisianas largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system.
- Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 100 health centers.
- Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year.
- Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees, over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies.
- The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to 11 Ochsner Health Centers and Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 85-acre, 150-bed facility.
- In Baton Rouge alone, more than 1,500 employees serve our patients, including approximately 160 physicians and mid-level providers.
- Care Chex, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge as the #1 hospital in Baton Rouge across 14 different specialties and amongst the top 10% in the nation in 9 different specialties in its 2016 hospital rankings.
Calling Baton RougeHome:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisianas vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!For more information and to apply Click Here
Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge is seeking a Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team of employed Pulmonary & Critical Ca...
Apply on company website