The position is to join a collaborative team of anesthesiologists and advanced practice anesthesia providers at the Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute. The institute consists of one building with an outpatient surgery center and an inpatient surgery department. The case mix ranges from diagnostic outpatient orthopedic procedures to complex total joint replacement and spine surgery. The responsibility in this position is to deliver an exceptional patient experience with safe, up to date care, while acting as a catalyst to expand the organizations mission and achieve its vision.
- Collaborative member of anesthesia department to work with surgeons, nurses, and other medical professionals
- Evaluate and formulate anesthetic plan for patients undergoing surgical and/or diagnostic care
- Supervision/Medical Direction of certified anesthetists delivering anesthesia
- Personally administer anesthesia intraoperatively with continuous monitoring of vital signs and titration of anesthesia needed
- Care for patients in the recovery room until ready for discharge or transfer to inpatient room
- Available for Pre-Admission Testing (PAT) questions regarding patient testing or optimization needed
- Responsible for patient care in peri-operative period
- Communicating continuing care instructions to specialists and nurses, including discharge instructions for post-anesthesia care
- Maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings and educational initiatives
- Teach student anesthetists, residents, fellows or other learners
- Actively participate in quality initiatives consistent with organizational improvement projects
- Assist perioperative leadership with optimizing the surgical schedule
- Participate in peer review
- Anesthesiologists must be either an M.D. or D.O. with the completion of an approved Anesthesiology Residency program.
- Board eligible or board certified in Anesthesiology
- Anesthesiologist must complete and meet hospital credentialing requirements.
- Training in advanced regional anesthesia and nerve blocks highly preferred
- Must hold or be able to obtain active Florida medical license prior to start
- One to three years as an anesthesiologist in acute and or outpatient setting
Jewett Orthopedic Clinic has joined Orlando Health, bringing together the most respected orthopedic and sports medicine practices in the region. This next-generation partnership creates a premier team of orthopedic providers you wont find anywhere else in Central Florida or the southeastern United States.
The partnership brings together three key elements in orthopedic care that set the program apart from others across the nation: a robust outpatient practice provided by recognized leaders in private orthopedic and sports medicine, an internationally known trauma program and one of the nations top training programs for orthopedic physicians.
With a robust outpatient and clinical practice that cares for more than 250,000 patients annually, Jewett brings to the relationship more than eight decades of innovations in orthopedic care, including the design and development of several total hip, knee and shoulder replacement systems used worldwide. Orlando Health is home to Central Floridas only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and children, which annually see thousands of patients, nearly half of whom require some level of orthopedic care. With more than 70 years of excellence in graduate medical education, Orlando Healths orthopedic residency program has been ranked fourth in the United States by the Journal of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
The combined strength of this new partnership is the catalyst for a premier destination orthopedic facility set to open in 2023. The Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Hospital will be a 195,000-sq ft inpatient facility located at Lucerne Terrace and Columbia Street in downtown Orlando. The facility will also include a 103,000 sq ft medical office and therapy pavilion to include higher level outpatient imaging as well as a 75,000 sq ft Ambulatory Surgery Center. This will include 12 Ambulatory Surgery Center operating rooms and 10 hospital operating rooms with 4 virtually connected operating suites which are enabled for international training. The 7th floor includes the Innovation and Research Center which will house a 118-seat auditorium, multiple conference rooms, and a bioskills lab. It will be dedicated to the latest and safest technologies in orthopedic care as well as outstanding customer service and exceptional patient outcomes.
Apply on company website