DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
$10,000 Sign on Bonus for qualified applicants!Osceola Regional Medical Center is a JCAHO accredited 404- bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County. The hospital features all private patient rooms. Osceola Regional Medical Center is proudly recognized for its Certified Stroke Center and Certified Chest Pain Center. It is the only hospital in Osceola County that provides Level II Neonatal Services and an Open Heart Program. The professionals who join us here are highly skilled, making it possible to provide a wide variety of programs and services. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
The Charge Nurse/Clinical Coord supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Osceola Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider as well as ACLS.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical ICU experience.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website