Performs skilled secretarial duties and basic level accounting under limited supervision to assist the Dean in the efficient functioning of the School of Professional Studies. Works with faculty, students, and other areas. Responsible for assisting the Dean with all clerical and minor administrative details.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares adjunct payroll reports, Personnel Action forms and special pays as needed.
- Prepares reports requested by Academic Affairs such as: load reports, phone and address list, etc.
- Receives visitors, handles telephone calls, and provides assistance or technical information concerning policies, procedures, and other details. Receives and delivers messages; distributes mail.
- Coordinates finances, including preparing and filing purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Assists with inventory, bookkeeping activities, and prepares necessary financial reports.
- Orders office and classroom supplies.
- Effectively manages all communications (including but not limited to enrollment reminders, program information, distance learning information) between students, school personnel, and other staff.
- Compiles and prepares/composes documents, reports, bulletins and communications. This includes typing from rough draft or other transcription devices.
- Coordinates and makes necessary preparation of class schedule.
- Schedules meetings, makes all arrangements and informs all participants.
- Assists with enrollment procedures, database entry and student information.
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Prepares travel and expense reports as necessary.
- Develop forms as needed.
- Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional development each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
High School Diploma/GED
- Three (3) years of secretarial experience, which includes computer experience using word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Minimum of one year working in an educational or similar setting.
- One year of bookkeeping experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of grammatical structure, vocabulary for preparing correspondence from rough draft or proofing of completed material. Communicates on the phone in clear, grammatically correct English. May compose correspondence.
- Data Recording/Record Keeping: Performs data recording/record keeping operations determining what changes need to be made to existing records, including computerized records.
- Mathematical Skills: Performs routine computations requiring knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages.
- Reading and Interpreting: Reads and interprets routine written or printed materials such as charts, diagrams, maps or instruction material.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
- Office Filing and Retrieving: Responsible for establishing and/or maintaining an existing filing system. Organizes and maintains various files, including confidential material.
- Spelling Skills: Incumbent needs to spell correctly and proofread work of others concerning spelling and grammatical structure.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- High degree of initiative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude and professional demeanor with all constituents.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Associate Degree
- Work experience in Higher Education
- Experience in budgeting, accounting, or financials.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website