Serves as primary cashier for Business Services. Maintains the Payment Option Plan (POP) program for current as well as special delinquent plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives tuition payments, applies bookstore vouchers and researches student account history as needed.
- Monitors the Payment Option Plan (POP).
- Receives and verifies departmental deposits.
- Cashes checks according to regulations.
- Daily closing/balancing of terminal drawer.
- Assists students and clients at the counter as needed to provide organization to Business Services.
- Assists with the Business Services email, by responding or forwarding emails.
- Maintains knowledge of and follows OSU and OSU-OKC policy regarding collection of student fees, student refunds, disbursements of financial aid and all other Business Services functions.
- Banner data entry as required.
- General accounting duties as assigned by the Director.
- Assists students, faculty and staff as needed.
- Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional development each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
- 1-2 years' experience in a financial atmosphere
- 1-2 years cashiering experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to manage multiple priorities imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads, and public/student contact.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
· Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
· Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including but not limited to: office computers, fax machines, scanners, internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Accurate typing/data entry skills and demonstrated ability to work with attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and also collaborate within a team environment.
· Exhibit problem solving skills beyond a set of instructions and adapt to changes when necessary.
· Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on logical and justifiable reasoning.
· Ability to use analytical and critical thinking skills to interpret written policies and procedures.
· Ability to perform basic math functions.
· Experience and confidence speaking in front of students/customers.
· Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
· Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
High school diploma or equivalency.
- Experience in a high traffic position that involved cashiering and financial transactions with a high level of customer service expectations.
- Experience with detailed, multiple work assignments.
- Completion of some college or business-related courses.
- May be required to work extended hours during designated heavy enrollment time.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website