DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Mammography Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At OPRMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the OPRMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Mammography Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Under the general direction of the Radiologists and under the supervision of the Radiology Director, the employee will:
- Perform digital mammography, needle localization of the breast and/or stereotactic breast biopsies.
- Perform biopsy imaging with Faxitron in the O.R. under the direction of the surgeon. Know how to send images to PACS.
- Function in direct cooperation with the physician and other radiology personnel.
- Work within the guidelines established in the policy and procedure manual and comply with all radiation safety guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sterile technique and practice Standard Precautions.
- Perform associated duties, i.e. transporting patients when necessary, assembling all associated paperwork and mammograms (both previous and/or outside exams) to provide to radiologist for dictation and completing necessary documentation in Meditech and PACS.
- Ability to lecture on mammography and breast self-examination, when necessary.
- Perform DEXA scans on scheduled patients upon completion of cross training on DEXA system
- May assist other areas of the Radiology Department and perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Kansas Licensure or eligible
- Current registry in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (A.R.R.T.)
- Current advance registry in Mammography
- Certified in BCLS
- Minimum of one (1) year of work related experience in Mammography, including biopsies and stereotactic preferred
- Digital training and experience preferred
- Must meet minimum digital training requirements
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website