Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
To: All Security Personnel
From: People & Culture Coordinator
Date: July 26, 2021
Closing Date: Ongoing
Re: Job Posting
Position: Assistant Security Guard - Front Counter & Main Gate Back-Up
Site: CF Industries
Status: Part Time/Spare
Hours: (0700- 1630/0630-1630)
Pay Rate: $15.73/hr.
Reporting to the Security Manager/ Security Supervisor, the Assistant Security Guard is accountable for the supervision of security incumbents and the security and safety of the Courtright Location. They must ensure all personnel entering the Courtright location has a valid site-specific safety orientation and/ or is registered appropriately upon arrival. This is a progressive role to develop training and skills and to provide sustainability and full client service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a professional relationship with all personnel and visitors entering the site.
- Maintain professionalism, confidence, and confidentiality.
- Provide security services at the Courtright CF Nitrogen Complex, maintaining order and the protection of assets, information, and employees onsite.
- Administrative and reception duties; forward incoming calls to the appropriate department or personnel. Greet all visitors and communicate with the appropriate location personnel upon their arrival.
- Responsible for access control; issues site access cards and photo IDs as per the site Access Program. Complete proper documentation as required. Report any security breaches involving the program.
- Responsible to consult with ISNetworld Application program/ Short List to ensure contractor companies onsite are in compliance with insurance and WSIB prior to access on site.
- Responsible for the signing out and issuance of keys onsite i.e. gas key, office keys, vehicle keys as per the site Access Program. Complete proper documentation as required. Report any security breaches involving the program.
- Responsible for the signing out and issuance of vehicle passes onsite as per the site Access Program. Complete proper documentation as required.Report any security breaches involving the program.
- Responsible for Material Gate / Personal passes onsite. Must review the pass for appropriate signatures, inspect the item(s) and sign the pass to allow item(s) to leave the Courtright location.
- Assist in all shipping procedures. Must be fluent in the operation of the CF Direct shipping program.
- Conduct Vehicle/ Seal inspections as required or requested.
- Report all observed hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Supervisor/ Security Manager or appropriate shift supervisor including communicating this information to the oncoming security shift.
- Log and report all unusual activities to the other security guards, Security Supervisor/ Security Manager.
- Conduct interior and exterior patrols of the site; day shift only.Patrol grounds to protect against possible hazards through exercising sound judgment and problem-solving skills. Conduct random site security checks foot patrols.
- Assist in any on site security investigations.
- Conduct Bag checks as required or requested.
- Responsible to deliver outgoing mail and pickup incoming mail.
- Responsible for miscellaneous deliveries or pickups as requested the Security Supervisor/ Security Manager.
- In the event of an emergency situation, follow emergency response procedures and directives from Security Supervisor/ Security Manager, Incident Commander, or ER Coordinator.
- Review and continue to educate oneself on site emergency procedures and first aid/ CPR and all site medical equipment.
- Responsible to administer first-aid/ CPR when required.
- Continuously stay up to date on all Everbridge, CAER and Site Watch notification systems. Responsible to initiate notifications when directed to do so.
- Continuously stay up to date US/ Canadian Border Agency, Canadian Government Agencies, Canadian Coast Guard regulations and laws.
- Continuously review and monitor location access and surveillance camera system. Report any usual activity or occurrences.
- Send out via fax overtime meals and call and confirm the orders. Report any security breaches involving the program.
- Unlock offices and gates as requested by the Security Supervisor/ Security Manager.
- Assist/ conduct in any monthly Security inspections as required by the site Security Management Program.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting any non-compliance with any EH&S/ HR policies and procedures.
- Designated the back up to the Main gate Guard; hours will be flexible.
- Upon Main gate Guard training and signoff, will cover Main gate Guard Vacations, and time off.
- Any other duties assigned by the Security Supervisor or Security Manager.
Security Guards are required to complete a Drug & Alcohol test for incidents that occur on client property.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Security Guard Licence.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver's Licence.
- Must possess a valid First Aid training certificate.
- Must possess a valid Transportation of Dangerous Goods training certificate.
- Must possess a Law and Security/ Police Foundations or equivalent diploma or CPO certificate.
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year's directly related experience in the security and safety field; preferably in the fertilizer or petrochemical processing industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
<stronCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid G Licence
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Apply on company website