Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
Date: May 13th, 2021
Position: Security Guard
Site: World Exchange Plaza, 45 O'Connor Street Ottawa ON
Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $14.55/ hour
Hours of Work: (1) Full Time
(1) Monday - Friday, 1500-1900
The World Exchange Plaza is a triple “A” office complex, prominently located in Ottawa's downtown financial core, just steps from Parliament Hill. Encompassing an entire city block, the complex measures over 670,000 square feet and is comprised of two office towers, a three-level retail concourse (which connects the two towers), an underground parkade for 1,100 vehicles, and an outdoor Amphitheatre for informal gatherings.
- General Tower & Parking Lot Patrols
- Report Writing
- Note Taking
- On the fly Problem Solving
- High Customer Service
- Lock Ups and Unlocks
- Responding to assistance requests from the Clients and Retail Clients
- Ensure the safety and Security of the General Public on the property
- General Problem Solving
- Assist General Public with Directions within the building
- Assisting Tenants and the Public with information inquires
- Signing in and out Contractors
- Assisting Tenants and the Public with use of the Wheelchair Access Lift
- Closing the Desk down for the evening returning certain building equipment to the Control Center at 19:00
- Other Duties as requested by Property Management
- Assisting the Public with information inquiries
- Patrolling the Retail Section (four levels)
- Patrolling the Parking Garage (five levels)
- Patrolling the Exterior
- Responding to calls to assist other guards
- Assisting with the Retail Lock-up
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successfully conduct parking lot patrols / office work without direct supervision.
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Basic knowledge of handling possible violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Able to handle confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Present a professional image to the public.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Arrest Procedures (if needed)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- MOAB, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset
- All employees must complete a Security Clearance Application
- Must be able to obtain Federal Clearance – Reliability Status
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- First Aid & CPR level C
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Mental Health Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
Click on Employee Portal
Enter username and password
Click on Employee Services
Scroll down to Promotions From Within
Click on Career Advancement Opportunities Click on Ontario, then Ottawa Select the job posting Click Apply Now and submit your application
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
Apply on company website