Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements Overview Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
The Recruiter will be responsible for providing hands on support for the Halifax Stanfield International airport. The successful candidate will be responsible for the hiring, development and retention of security personnel specifically for this location.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and screen all applications and resumes submitted for employment
- Conduct prescreen and reference checks on employment candidates
- Conduct employment interviews and ensure specific criteria for the position at hand is met
- Coordinate class assignments for pre-assignment training and that all new personnel are provided with the appropriate training
- Track and monitor relevant statistics regarding new hires, attrition and the reasons
- Ensure open positions are properly advertised, both internally and externally
- Ensure the personnel files are kept up to date and secure following the framework of the relevant Privacy Act in the respective jurisdiction and corporate privacy policies
- Participate in weekly H/R meetings and report relevant information as required by the People & Culture Manager
- Present weekly hire orientation and obtain required documents for employment
- Follow up on employee queries, in a timely manner, ensuring that their needs are adequately met
- Assist in the administrative duties of the HR department, which include data entry
- Employee retention requires occasional site visits to interact and support field staff
- Organize and participate in Career Fairs
- Exposure to recruitment or direct work experience as a Recruiter preferred
- Successful completion of a Human Resources diploma or its equivalent from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years previous related office experience (Human Resources Department is considered an asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of varying HRMIS / and or applicant tracking system is a must
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a unionized environment is a strong asset
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service
- Creative ability to evaluate and create new ideas for effective recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals in a cooperative manner both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable working with individuals at all levels of a corporate organizational structure.
- A self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
- Comfortable using and operating office technology (Smart boards, video conferencing, audio/visuals, etc.
- Ability to travel to different locations as needed
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.Education Requirements (Any)
Certificate Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Apply on company website