Summary of Job Description:
The Supply Chain Inventory Manager position is responsible for ensuring that continuity of supply to Operators is maintained. This position collaborates across sourcing teams, suppliers, and Panda distribution partners to ensure inventory levels are maintained to support Operations demand. The Supply Chain Inventory Manager directs work processes for product allocations, test and promotions, product transitions and other supply chain functions. This position drives continuous improvement efforts to ensure continuity of supply and optimization of processes.
You'll get a chance to:
- Responsible for ensuring that continuity of supply to Operators is maintained while mitigating obsolescence by overseeing. the compilation of data, creation of reports, analysis on inventory positions and available capacity at suppliers and third-party distributors.
- Proactively identifies potential supply interruptions and works with Purchasing Agents, suppliers and third-party distributors to ensure continuity of supply.
- Proactively utilizes systems, experience and relationships to identify and mitigate potential gaps in supply related to, but not limited to supplier or distributor disruptions, fluctuations in demand, and other supply chain challenges.
- Utilize resources and experience to resolve supply disruptions in a timely manner.
- Identify root cause, applies equitable analysis to hold accountable party financially responsible, and evaluates process to identify area for continuous improvement and learning
- Lead/support cross-functional projects with departments such as FSQA, Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Finance, and Operations to support company growth.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Supply Chain for timely product availability of new items, testitems, and promotional and transitioning items.
- Monitor and validate inventory to ensure continuity of supply while mitigating obsolescence.
- Recruit, select, and develop an effective team of Product Supply Analysts to manage and resolve inventory supply issues.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development to the team to meet the department's people planning and development goals.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Senior Manager, Supply Management, SCM leadership and other stakeholders in the design and execution of strategic initiatives, anticipating business requirements.
- Perform needed analysis to support future business planning and identifies opportunities within the supply chain to improve business partner performance and reduce cost.
- Pursue and assess system utilization, exploring new applications for system capabilities and resolving business problems with an effective solution.
- Deliver actionable insights and forward-looking and sustainable solutions.
- Draft business requirements to facilitate report and/or technical enhancements.
- Assist Supply Chain leadership in formulating and creating best practices for supply chain
- Process in alignment with SCM and company leadership vision.
How we reward you:
- Hybrid Work schedule
- 401K with company match
- Yearly bonus opportunity*
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance *
- On-site fitness center, biometric screen, and flu shot clinic
- Discounts at Panda restaurants, theme parks, and gym memberships
- Paid time off starting at 15 days with 7 federal holidays*
- Continuous education assistance and scholarships*
- Income protection including Disability, Life and AD&D insurance*
- Bereavement leave*
*Benefits available for eligible permanent full time associates
Your background & experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five years of inventory and/or demand management and related experience with increasing management responsibility, preferably in a multi-unit food service organization
- Successful completion of annual store training
- If hired, successful completion of annual store training
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card that includes name, type of vaccine provided, and date of last dose administered.
Panda Strong since 1983
Founded in Glendale, California, we are now the largest family-owned American Chinese Restaurant concept in America. With close to 2,000 locations globally, we continue our mission of delivering exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. Whether it's impacting our team or the communities we work in, we're proud to be an organization that embraces family values.
You're wanted here
We value diversity in all forms and know the strength it brings. Workplace equality allows for creative ideas to blossom, diverse points of view to be heard, and improves overall happiness. We like the sound of that.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, you are welcome here.
Apply on company website