Director, Retail Financial Planning & Analysis
Panera, LLC is currently accepting applications for a
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Panera is a specialty bakery-cafe concept offering careers as diverse as our breads. Panera Bread is currently looking to hire a highly motivated individual with strong financial, analytical and communication skills to fill the role of Director, Retail Financial Planning & Analysis. This person will be a key member of Panera's FP&A and Café Operations teams.
Panera is looking for an individual with a strong finance or financial planning background to serve as a finance business partner to our café operations leadership team. This role will provide day-to-day finance and analytical support to our field leadership while also providing thought leadership and participating in key strategic discussions.
Personal competencies for success include the ability to master both strategic and operational issues, the ability to handle multiple competing priorities, outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent communication and relationship skills, a positive "can-do" attitude, good judgment, flexibility, curiosity, and knowing what you don't know.
If you have great problem-solving and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to bridge finance and operations, we'd like to hear from you! We will ask you to leverage your talent and experience to contribute meaningfully to our business and culture; and we'll give you the information, tools, and mentors you need to succeed.
Serve as a key finance business partner to our Cafe Operations leadership team; perform high impact analyses of business results, identifying trends, variances, and potential opportunities.
- Plan and forecast financial results of company operated bakery-cafes
- Delivery impactful weekly and monthly reporting packages to operations leadership leveraging analytical and data visualization tools
- Collaborate across the organization to develop end-to-end analyses in support of critical strategic decision-making
- Communicate key findings to senior business leaders in monthly and ad hoc meetings
- Build accurate analytical models using a variety of data and assumptions
- Bring an understanding of operations finance to cross-functional analyses and reviews
- Define key metrics to track within and across business units
- Identify data sources, calculation methodologies, and control processes
- Adapt quickly to changing organizational and team priorities - be ready to quickly jump into intellectually challenging problems facing the broader organization
- An MBA and 5+ years in either a corporate finance or planning role, an accounting firm, investment banking or consulting firm, or a bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- High level of demonstrated quantitative and finance skills in educational and professional records
- Top tier academic credentials and performance
- Proficiency in Excel and other analytical software
- Familiarity with dashboard and data visualization packages
- Personal commitment to excellence and appetite for success
- Great sense of judgment and the humility to ask for advice.
- An attention to detail, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and an intense drive to "get it right"
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
Needham Support Center
Apply on company website