Manager, Lead Bakery Market - Minneapolis
Job Title: Lead Bakery Market Manager (LBMM)
Reports to: Regional Bakery Operations Manager (RBOM)
- The Lead Bakery Market Manager (LBMM) is a multi-market leader responsible for all aspects of bakery operations and execution within assigned markets (up to four). This role is accountability to ensure consistent operations of the bakery business within all in-market bakery-cafes, providing oversight, training, and support, to deliver each market's specific bakery goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a proactive business partner to the Area Operating Partners (AOPs) in assigned markets for all areas of bakery operations, ensuring the right plans and activities are prioritized and in place to achieve consistent results through the Bakery Training Specialists (BTSs) who live market.
- In partnership with AOPs, creates the plans to achieve established goals for the region, ensuring the execution of the exiting bakery business, the rollout of new bakery items, and all related changes. This will occur through market development plans and achieved through each market's BTSs.
- Is responsible for creating a market development plan that addresses bakery staffing/retention, baker onboarding, training execution and certification, and ongoing baker development and accountability.
- Fosters a culture of Bakery Mastery within assigned markets, which is defined as ensuring a high focus and attention on high-quality bakery environment and products, excellence in all aspects of bakery execution, and high accountability through validation of core bakery commitments and standards.
- Responsible for partnering with all AOPs to ensure every cascading rollout event for bakery is high-quality, engaging, educational, and effective.
- Directly accountable for assigned market's bakery metrics performance, including the sales growth, baked product quality, and profitability of the bakery business.
- Ensures high-quality products through the mastery of and consistent use of Panera's bakery standards, acting a standard bearer for established tools and processes.
- Demonstrates a bias for action in resolving outlier performance, equipment issues that impact quality/safety, barriers to bakery execution, the consistent execution of new bakery tests and rollouts.
- Partners with local Fresh Dough Facilities (FDFs) where all dough is manufactured. Actively works with FDF management to ensure high-quality dough validation and product quality resolution.
- Is responsible for the development and growth of the BTSs within assigned markets, providing direct supervisory oversight, ongoing training, performance management, and career development.
- Executes various bakery projects and initiatives as assigned.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Education Level: Four-year college education (preferred, but not required).
- Minimum of 2 years of Panera operations and/or bakery experience or equivalent.
- Has strong communication skills and can leverage these skills to influence others.
- Has strong organizational and time management/planning skills.
- Has the ability to build high performing teams through selection, coaching and development.
- Is self-motivated, having the ability to plan, prioritize, schedule, and manage a calendar (strong organizational skills).
- Is motivational. Has ability to inspire others to perform at a high level.
- Demonstrates a tireless work ethic, with the ability to work unusual hours including nights and weekends. Focused on getting results, not “hours spent on the clock”.
- Ability to comfortably use e-mail, Microsoft Office, internet-based tools (Workday, Sharepoint, etc), and complete other basic computer functions.
- Required travel – up to 90%
- This position requires a mix of walking/standing during long periods while on café visits (including the lifting of heavy items or boxes), some desk/office administrative work, as well as driving between café locations.
Apply on company website