SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Cardiovascular Services department. Submit your application today! Parkland Medical Center, a 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. I Choose Parkland Medical Center
Position Summary: Cardiology services consist of 3 subsets of services: Noninvasive Cardiology, Invasive Cardiology and Cardiac rehabilitation. The job description and competencies are dependent on the actual department. Some cross coverage occurs and those individuals are expected to maintain full competencies in the area to which they are assigned.
Noninvasive cardiology nurse will assist in providing a full complement of diagnostic services to evaluate the nature and extent of cardiac disease. This also includes all aspects of adult, pediatric and echocardiography. Staff are trained and registered in congenital heart anomalies.
Invasive cardiology nurses will function in the cardiac catheterization and angioplasty assistive role. He/she will also assist with placement of permanent pacemakers, elective DC cardio version, transesophageal echocardiography and conscious sedation.
The cardiac rehabilitation nurse provides a structured program designed to assist the patient in exercises, education, relaxation training and nutritional instruction.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care.
- Assessment; intervention skills; evaluation; and equipment use/management.
- Communicates with patients, team members, and management in an accurate, timely manner.
- Talks with, listens to patients/team members; reports pertinent, concise information; documents in a complete, timely manner; appropriately uses computer charting/ordering; protects confidentiality of patient/colleagues.
- Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives.
- Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance; collects/integrates data from multiple sources; organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment.
- Develops and maintains human care relationships.
- Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; recognizes the importance of teamwork among care providers; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients; provides care in ethical and legal manner; refers concerns/issues to appropriate resources.
- Protect the confidentiality of information within areas of position responsibilities by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing.
- Promote a continuous effort in quality improvement, enhancing the services provided to patients, their families, physicians and members of the surgical services staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and positive actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, sensitivity and professionalism.
- Observe all health and safety requirements.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Support the theme of service excellence as part of job related activities.
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Education & Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with New Hampshire license or Compact License when applicable
- American Heart Association BLS
- American Heart Association ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge and interpretation of EKG, cardiac status and stability.
- Previous Cardiology experience strongly preferred
- 2 years RN experience in a cardiology setting
Preferred: BSN or higher degree in Nursing;
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website