DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Parkland Medical Center is a 112-bed acute care facility unique in today's healthcare environment. We are all about our people, technology and patient trust. We use the latest technology to help our dedicated staff find solutions to benefit our patients. This technology promotes faster healing, better health, higher quality of life and in-turn, career satisfaction.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Parkland Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Surgical Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Position Summary: The Surgical Technician
- Determine equipment and supplies for procedures based on patient and physician need
- Review permit to confirm procedure and special needs
- Assist in moving and positioning of patient
- Confirm procedure with surgeon
- Drape patient within surgeon's guidelines
- Provide retraction of tissue and organs for optimal visualization with regard to tissue type and appropriate retraction instrument and/or technique
- Maintain integrity of sterile field
- Assist with resuscitation of patient during cardiac arrest or other life-threatening events in the operating room
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary for the surgical procedure as directed by the surgeon
- Demonstrates department specific skills and competencies, including high-risk, low-volume and problem-prone competencies
- Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy
- Required: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program; American Heart Association BCLS
- Preferred: Minimum of three years OR scrub experience; Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/ per calendar year)
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $100 / per month)
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website