Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Parkridge Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) RN Endo Laboratory you can be a part of change.Benefits
Parkridge Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) RN Endo Laboratory. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Registered Nurse plans individualized patient care while utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement.
When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff assignments based on patient need, acuity and the skill of the staff. Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
What you will do in this role:
You will properly prepare the patient for surgical procedure, knowing all specific requirements set aside by the manufacture
You will support physician-led time out protocols.
You will monitor throughout procedure for prosper sterile technique.
You will oversee quality assurance activities, including counts, and communicating any concerns to the physician.
You will communicate with other departments regarding the transfer and condition of the patient.
You will comply with all Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene recommendations after hand-off.
You will complete Occurrence Reports as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
License: State of Tennessee Registered Nurse or compact state
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, current
Graduate of an accredited RN Program
1 year Surgery experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parkridge Medical Center is a 270+ bed hospital. We are near downtown Chattanooga. We feature comprehensive diagnostic, medical, and surgical services. These services include cardiovascular surgery and cancer treatment. These services include intensive care, orthopedic and spine surgery, and rehabilitation. The facility includes a state of the art neurosurgery program. Patients also have access to OB-GYN services. Patients have access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. They also have access to (NICU) and behavioral health treatment centers for children and adults."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our RN Endo Laboratory opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website