SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Parkridge Valley Hospital Chattanooga, TN
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist – Adult Campus
Shift Details: PRN
We are currently seeking a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist for our Adult Campus who strives to enhance our patients' quality of life by developing, managing, and implementing therapeutic recreational activities that are engaging and meaningful to each patient. The Parkridge Valley Difference
The CTRS is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing activities for adults and seniors, and is an active partner in the multidisciplinary team.
· Plans and implements therapeutic recreational programs and activities for adults and seniors
· Conducts interviews, tests and other procedures to evaluate the patient's needs, attitudes, interests and abilities.
· Develops a therapeutic intervention plan based on observations, tests and other information, evaluates patient's participation in program activities and progress towards established goals and objectives and documents response to various treatments and activities.
· Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team that consults with other health care professionals in determining a total treatment plan and recommends changes based on individual observations and evaluations.
· Assists in developing protocols, treatment guidelines, education materials and specialized programs for patients.
· Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
· Serves as a community resource on recreational therapy and related health care issues.
· Conducts various therapeutic recreation programs for patients including but not limited to physical activity programs, creative expressive programs (dramatics, music, arts and crafts) and special events and programs.
· Works intensively with patients as part of their treatment program and participates when necessary to encourage participation.
HCA TriStar Division offers their full time/part time employees a total rewards package to support their health, life, career and retirement. Some of the benefits offered include 401K, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, along with Student Loan Repayment.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist required. Experience in therapeutic activities in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus, 172 bed behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus
The Parkridge Valley Adult & Senior Campus focuses on treatment of psychiatric and addiction issues in adults. Services include inpatient, outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs for mental health and/or substance abuse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Certificate required.
- Experience in therapeutic activities in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
- CPI required within 30 days of employment. BLS required within 90 days of employment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website