DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Parkridge Valley Hospital Chattanooga, TN
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist – Child & Adolescent Campus
Shift Details: Full Time No Weekends
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child & Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do!
The CTRS is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing activities for children and adolescents, and is an active partner in the multidisciplinary team.
- Plans and implements therapeutic recreational programs and activities for children and adolescents (ages 4 to 18)
- Conducts interviews, tests and other procedures to evaluate the patient's needs, attitudes, interests and abilities.
- Develops a therapeutic intervention plan based on observations, tests and other information, evaluates patient's participation in program activities and progress towards established goals and objectives and documents response to various treatments and activities.
- Participates in the program management team.
- Assists in developing protocols, treatment guidelines, education materials and specialized programs for patients.
- Serves as a community resource on recreational therapy and related health care issues.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Conducts various therapeutic recreation programs for patients including but not limited to outdoor adventure/wilderness programs, physical activity programs (sports, group games, dancing), creative expressive programs (dramatics, music, arts and crafts) and special events and programs.
- Works intensively with patients as part of their treatment program, coaching and supervising them in active sports, group games, dancing, dramatics and related activities; and participates, if necessary, to encourage participation.
HCA TriStar Division offers you a total rewards package to support your health,life, career and retirement. Some of our benefits offered include:
- 401K Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Newly Extended Family Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Bachelor's Degree in related field and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist required. Experience in therapeutic activities in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus, 172 bed behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist required.
Experience in therapeutic activities in a behavioral health setting strongly preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website