DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Valley Hospital- Chattanooga, TN
Psychiatric Services NurseFull-time Nights
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
Parkridge Valley, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages.
The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients.
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch this Child & Adolescent Campus Video to learn more about what we do!Job Duties:
- You will oversee and direct the care of psychiatric patients.
- You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
- This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
- This nurse will have the unique opportunity to gain expertise in Children and Adolescent coupled with psychiatric nursing.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- TriStar Parkridge Valley Hospital Child and Adolescent Campus is a part of the HCA family and receive continued educations, family feel work environment, support of the nations largest healthcare provider, and career advancement opportunities within clinical leadership and or administrative leadership!
Learn more about us here - https://youtu.be/BVoNfMrTQK4
- RN License (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience preferred
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 30 days of Hire
You are encouraged to apply today!
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee or applicable Compact License
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website