The Sales Operations Reporting Analyst will be responsible for key areas such as data acquisition and analysis, territory mapping and alignments, targeting, segmentation and positioning. The Sales Operations Reporting Analyst will also be responsible for providing strategic insight to the executive leadership team specific to the business KPI's.
- Gather data and conduct analysis of company sales activities that drive revenue
- Synthesis of large disparate data sources to provide sales and behavior insights
- Develop methods, and documentation for measuring company sales performance
- Evaluate sales processes, programs, and systems to minimize costs and improve customer satisfaction
- Facilitate sharing of reports and sales data between sales, marketing, finance, and other departments
- Create, improve, implement and enforce sales operational processes, governance and policies to drive consistent and measurable success in the Sales organization
- Documents and maintains procedures to run reports and storage of information.
- Participate in the implementation and reporting of analytics surrounding forecasts, pipelines and opportunity value as required
- Develop repeatable reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity that are built by Sales Operations, CRM, Data Science and Business Intelligence teams
- Perform analysis of KPIs, identify and analyze key trends, and regularly highlight performance issues and areas of improvement to increase revenue potential to the leadership team.
- Participate in meetings with sales leadership and other stakeholders to review and discuss trends, issues and opportunities; explaining reports and presenting findings (e.g., issues, opportunities, trends, forecasts); making recommendations and opinions on how to overcome obstacles and improve business results; and gathering feedback from all sources to improve sales data and reporting activities (e.g., additional KPIs to report on).
- Suggest new standard reports, discuss their implementation with and coordinate implementation of approved reports with the Director of Sales Operations.
- Respond to questions from the field or home office regarding data or analysis.
- Develop, define, and update monthly and quarterly performance metrics that provide insight on key trends impacting business performance
- Bachelor's degree required
- Degree in quantitative or science field preferred such as: Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, MIS, Computer Science, Physics, Biology, etc.
- 2-3 years' experience is preferred
- Advanced Excel experience with V-Lookups, Index Match, logic statements, pivot tables, Power Pivot
- Working knowledge of a BI visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau, or other equalivant
- SQL experience is required
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence environments
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrable skills in: SQL, Excel, Statistical Exploratory Data Analysis, basic statistical testing
- Working knowledge or trainability in R, Python or SAS
- Understanding of CRM systems in an outside sales environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve results.
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Can be part of a move from a high dependent spreadsheet environment to a low spreadsheet environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Apply on company website